Friday, January 6, 2012

Badassness. Yup, it's a word.

I've always been a pretty hard nut to crack when it comes to friendships. I'd like to consider myself a pretty loyal friend and to expect the same in return, makes it pretty hard for people. Unfortunately, I don't give a lot of second chances to shitty friends. I've always put my really good friends through some kind of trial, hoping they can pass the test, that is my extreme self, and still stick around for the fun/crazy stuff.

So with all that being said, I have some pretty rock star female friends, mostly from Michigan. My friendships in college rank among the most intense of my life, and I think this is the case with a lot of people. I wanted so much to be truly and thoroughly known and to know my friends in the same way. When I achieved that with awesome women or with my team, it felt vital, even sacred, having a huge impact on the person I've become.

In my four five years at Michigan, my friendship with Maya really evolved into a pretty special relationship. She "gets" me, like really gets me... And that is why I am so happy to be able to spend time with her 10 years later and in different places in our lives.


Can I take a paragraph to brag, on my incredibly brilliant, strangely remembrant, worldly, cultured and crazy friend? Maya came to Michigan when she was sixteen and had this crazy short, may I say...boyish?, haircut. She graduated with a degree in computer engineering, with quite possibly a 4.10 GPA, and more letters of recommendation then Ivanka Trump. She spent six years in the Israeli military, retiring as a freakin' Captain and with more knowledge of internal intelligence then she cares to share to this day. She continued onto an entrepreneurial start-up and worked in research & development for the flippin' electric car. Currently, she is getting her MBA at Columbia in NYC and is sporting beautiful, long, luxurious Hollywoodish locks. Can you say badass? Yeah, she's a total BADASS!


Does anyone wonder why I have such a hard time making friends to this day? A lot of my friends from college are this incredibly awesome in one way or another, so why would I settle for just a regular person? After all this badassness?


Anyway, she came to visit. And we had a blast.




Oh and my kid had strep butt.
Yup, you read that right. Most people get strep throat, my son has strep butt.


And if you haven't read this blog yet, you should. Please waste all of your valuable time reading the archives because that Suri Cruise is HI-LAR-I-OUS, and I do...


No comments: