Monday, May 21, 2012

Indy May-cation

Nick headed back to the left coast after our little jaunt in Nashville, while I headed back up to Indy to enjoy a little family time and celebrate my mom's sixtieth birthday!

Is it crazy to anyone else that our parents are entering their sixties? I mean, it is probably crazy to them that their kids are having kids. BUT sixty was always grandparent status and grandparents always seemed old, but my parents don't seem old. Its really confusing. But I'm just happy that my kids will a happy, healthy, youthful relationship with their grandparents, because sixty is definitely the new 40, right mom?

I spent the first few days catching up on Charlie/Aiden/Ellie time. Charlie seemed to have grown up so much in my four days away and I wanted to soak up everything I'd missed. We also headed to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, which is amazing in so many ways, but especially great because it has something for everyone. We went with my dad and his family, and both boys seemed to favor the playscape exhibit, which is perfect for toddlers. But Charlie was also entranced by the train exhibit, he would have stayed there all day, if I had let him.
On Friday evening we met up with my aunts and uncles for a trip down to southern Indiana for fried chicken at Wagner's Village Inn. This place is amazing. It is a quaint little restaurant, on Main St. of a small town called Oldenburg. The chicken is the best I've ever had, but the company was pretty epic too. Hanging out with mom's family is always an adventure, but it was so great for everyone to come out to celebrate my mom. She is an amazing woman and we are so grateful to have her in our lives. We love you mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Erica! Love reading your blog! Mom

nick said...

Looked fun! Bummed I missed it