Sunday, October 26, 2014

This one's for you...

A few months ago, I suggested to Nick that we go see Jimmy Buffett in Paris. I have this reoccurring vision that involves arriving in Paris in the middle of the night and going straight to the Eiffel Tower and getting it all to myself. That is really the only way I like seeing touristy things. So going to see Buffett in France was as good of an excuse as any to see the Eiffel Tower in the middle of the night. 

Nick wasn't super thrilled about flying to France for a night and well, money and kids and life.  So Vegas! Who doesn't love Vegas? Actually, I don't particularly love Vegas BUT we could get tickets, and the pretend eiffel tower, duh--so why not!

The energy in Vegas is incomparable, it is hard to not have a great time, we walked the strip, got dinner, drank champagne and watched the Bellagio fountains.
We ran the entire strip the next morning. I was adamant about seeing the Vegas sign--without the crowds! I love a good sightseeing run and add in all people watching and a drive-by visit to Margaritaville.  It was awesome and probably my second most favorite part of the whole trip. 
And then there was college football and pool visits and day drinking, and a (small) nap.
And the concert--my favorite part. Buffett always puts on a great show and he didn't disappoint. It was the most ecstatic and uninhibited I've felt in a long time (like, in regards to an 'event') and I'm happy I got to share it with Nick.
I think he had fun, too!
Until next time, Vegas!

No comments: