Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend of Champions

The University of Michigan invited our 2004 women's swim team to their annual Weekend of Champions to celebrate our Big Ten Championship from that year. It was the perfect excuse to head back to our old stomping grounds and catch up for a weekend.

A lot hasn't changed in the ten years since that championship, it's still Michigan and it's still amazing. But SO much has changed--a new coach, a revamped facility, new faces and lots and lots of babies! It's hard to not be so grateful for what the University, our coaches and those teammates gave us ten years ago. I'm still so proud to be part of such an upstanding program, with amazing woman and an incredible tradition. 
We had the opportunity to do a parade of champions with all the other championship teams throughout the decade. And walking on to the that football field, with 100,000 people watching, never, ever gets old. It makes you appreciate the magnitude and impact of this institution. BUT it was so incredibly cold. Oh wow, Michigan is cold. It makes me grateful so my current weather situation. 
I was also lucky enough to have Dana come up from Columbus and my mom made the drive from Indy. I was happy to have friends/family to share the weekend with, but wow, I just wish it was a tad bit warmer. But everyone was such a trooper and I so am glad they sacrificed their weekend to spend it in Ann Arbor cheering on my team!
And one more special meeting, baby Libby, traveled all the way from Israel to attend her first Michigan game. She is only two months old but she is the sweetest/easiest baby and travel companion. It was fun seeing her parent, too!

No comments: