Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our Honeymoon in Kauai

Our honeymoon was badass! We spent 6 wonderful days in Kauai, HI. I've been to Hawaii sooo many times and I really wasn't that interested in going again for our honeymoon but when Nick suggested Kauai, I changed my mind. This island offered the perfect combination of everything we love and a lot of expereiences we enjoy doing together...swimming, surfing, hiking, & drinking.

Day 1: We promised to wake the other one up to watch our first sunrise on the beach. I woke up first, just minutes before 5:54am. We walked out in our pajamas and glasses and watched a beautiful sunto rise. We followed this with an intense need to hydrate with a long travel day behind us, we wanted to cleanse our bodies and increase our stamina with a 90 minute bikram yoga class. Nick did very well for his first class, very much a trooper. We spent the rest of day laying by the pool and drinking fruity drinks.







Day 2: We spent the day at Hanalei Bay on the north side of the island. We rented a surfboard, and while Nick spent the entire day on the board and body surfing. I spent the day finding my purpose in life, which is reading and laying out. It was amazing. I did a little surfing and Nick says I'm good.







Day 3: We woke up early and went on this crazy hike of the Na Pali coast. It was a pretty intense 8 mile (round trip) hike to a waterfall. Our kayaking trip had been cancelled so this was the next best thing, some of the best views I've ever seen.









Day 4: This was "Nick's Day." I would do anything else in paradise then spend the day in the car, but Nick wanted to spend the day driving the Waimea Canyon, so we did. We ran a good 6 miles in the morning, both of us dying. The drive ended up being beautiful and we topped it off with the most amazing fish tacos in all the land.









Days 5-6: We pasted these hours with drinking and relaxing. We had way too much beer in our fridge to let it go to waste. It didn't go to waste, we drank it all.

No comments: