Friday, August 20, 2010

CIO Nap #1

We have an intensive few days at home this weekend, starting our doctor approved "cry it out" session. Charlie sleeps fine at night, so we are really just working on napping in his crib, since a) I can't hold him for all his naps b) I'm back at work. I am writing this 60 minutes into nap #1 and it really is heartbreaking. He fell asleep initially and slept for about 34 minutes. I had thought this was too good to be true. But he has been awake for about 25 minutes crying like crazy. I have gone in to check on him every 5 minutes and he seems to be slowly loosing energy. But I'm really hoping he falls asleep soon so I can finally pick him up!

Update: Almost 2 hours into the nap he fell asleep again and woke up 5 minutes later. Success! I finally got to pick him up and say I was sorry.

1 comment:

nick said...

Heart breaking. Charlie is such a good kid and you are doing a wonderful job of being his mother! He'll appreciate you in the long run.