Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation Part 1:Indy

As I headed into the last few weeks of my maternity leave, I came to the conclusion that this parenting thing is really hard. Being at home with Charlie for his first 10 weeks has been a blessing but I was starting to get some cabin fever. I loved cuddling with him during his naps and singing the Victors over and over again, but I could do without the days in my PJ's, covered in throw up...
And with Nick heading to the Colorado mountains for a backpacking trip, I didn't think I could do it alone. So I bought a last minute plane ticket back "home" and decided to share the love (and the throw up) with my mom and my sister.

As for the plane ride, Charlie was a total champ. He didn't make a peep the entire time and even endured nursing in the bathroom and being changed on the floor (what airplane doesn't have a changing table?). The minute we got into Mimi's car...he let loose for a 40 minute cry home from the airport. But really, who can blame him?

The rest of the trip was uneventful but relaxing as we got to visit with family, and got ready to make a long trek to Crested Butte, CO for Jeb's wedding weekend.



No comments: