Monday, May 16, 2011

And he's walking...

finally?

The boy has been crawling since he was seven months old, so to be totally honest, I thought this day would have come a little sooner. He has been taking a few steps for the last few weeks but yesterday was the big day. A toy (or a cheerio, but "I don't believe in bribery"...wink, wink) would catch his eye and he would just go for it.

Uh, it's about damn time.

Oh...you experienced parents will tell me that I don't want him to walk...
"soon he'll start climbing and running." "He'll start getting scrapes and bruises."
But have you seen my boy's forehead? It is riddled in bruises, he runs straight into walls, tables and chairs. He uses a trash can as a walker and eats rocks and sand.
He is such a boy and to be totally veracious, I can't wait for him to run and climb (and get scrapes and bruises), he will finally feel the freedom that has agonized him since day one of his little life.




No comments: