Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First day of school: Preschool Edition

We received word from our childcare provider last week that she had been cited by the state for having too many kids. SO, because Charlie was the kid that attended the least, she suggested we find another place for him to spend his two days a week away from mama.

Now, we loved going to Emily's house, she had four kids and I constantly sought out advice on all kid related things. So naturally, I am a little bummed that we had to move on. She was very much an earth mother, commenting once on how Charlie was the only formula fed child she had ever watched...so you can get an idea on her clientele. I was the odd ball to the group. Charlie started going there at eight months and I'm pretty sure she laughed at my schedule when I handed it over, taped to the box of back up clothes and cloth diapers. What type of person uses cloth diapers, formula AND a schedule?
I always had the sense that she was singing,
Which one of these is not like the other????
Anyway, love was all that mattered and she gave a lot of it and that is why we enjoyed having Charlie at her place.
BUT I had a backup plan, Charlie had been on the wait-list at a preschool/daycare next door to my work. It is really structured and scheduled and completely what I had in mind when choosing a place for Charlie, but I wasn't in any hurry to send him there...I really felt the Waldorf style of learning was really appropriate for his age.

But here we are,conveniently starting our first day of school the week after we were blacklisted from our last childcare. Charlie's ready, Mama's not.

No comments: