Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Report

Hello Friends. Reporting live from a wild Sunday in Northern California.
So far, so bad.


It is freezing (by Northern California standards)
and raining (so I guess it's not freezing)
and we don't have anything to do.

We began the day by going to church, which is rarely my first choice (if I'm choosing) but it gave me an hour break from the child and as an added perk, I learned a new and improved version of "Amazing Grace."

I made chili.

Nick proceeded to claim the afternoon for "brewing," which meant my senses were overwhelmed with barley and nastiness, making it impossible for me to nap when Charlie was napping. So I ate.

We FaceTime'd with Aunt Jenni, Mimi and Dana.

Side Note: We don't have cable, so NFC/AFC championship football wasn't really an option.

I had a moment of domesticity, but I had to refer to my fake friends on Pinterest, to find a killer homemade play-doh recipe, which I did and proceeded to stop at three grocery stores before I swallowed my pride long enough to ask a random shelf-stocker at SaveMart to help me find "cream of tarter" and he proceeded to take me to the dairy section because that is where "cream is found?"
It's in the spice section, just so you know.

We made said play-doh (see recipe below)

We played with it for all of four minutes.

Charlie ate my chili. He loved it.


Charlie took a bath, as a result of said chili, AND he ignored me.
The End.

Kool-Aid Play Doh

What You Need:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup salt
1 pkg.(6 g) Kool-Aid Unsweetened Drink Mix, any flavour
1 Tbsp. Cream of tartar
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 Tbsp. oil
wax or parchment paper
small airtight containers - I got mine at the dollar store

Make It:
MIX first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add boiling water and oil; stir with fork 3 to 4 min. or until cooled, then mix with hands until well blended.
PLACE on waxed or parchment paper; knead until no longer sticky, adding additional flour 1 tsp. at a time if necessary.

How to Store:
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Repeat above process for each color of kool-aid play doh you want to make.

1 comment:

nick said...

Sounds like a good day to me!