Friday, February 1, 2013

sahm

I did it. I'm officially a stay at home mom. What? Really? I know, on my list of things I want to be when I get older, sahm was not one of them. But neither was part-time swim coach, so I must move on and right now, "moving on" means staying at home with my little crazies.

No, but really, the final decision was made after reading this article. Nick and I sat down and thought, wow, with such a legit study, done by the University of Washington (your tax dollars hard at work, Washingtonians)...if assuming more traditional roles is the only way to get more sex, we might as well take the plunge.

No, but really, REALLY. I know I don't get this time back, and I want to enjoy every moment with the boys or ignore them to post those moments on instagram.... Charlie will still go to school a few days a week (you want me to stay sober, right?) but Mack and I are in it for the long haul. And no job for me means, no convenient use of a babysitter just because I feel the need to be alone for a few moments.
Ahh...we all make sacrifices.

But, yay! Freedom! I can't wait to slave over a hot stove all day and greet my man at the door with his old-fashion on the rocks.

Now, because I'm such a good mom, I am going to shower while my baby cries...
It'll be quick, promise.
Disclaimer: this whole post was written with just a bit of snark.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

snark or not, i say congrats! i think it's great! charlie is turning into an awesome little person and i'm sure mack will follow in his foot steps. you two should raise everyone's kids!

Shirley said...

Good for you erica. I love reading your blog.

Carl said...

Hey Erica! I swaddle my girls too and they scream too! Do you always leave one arm out? I tried that once and she woke up...I used Babywise and let them cry too - and Reese is the best sleeper ever! Keep up the good (and very hard) work! It is exhausting but it pays off in the end.
Linds