Monday, November 25, 2013

Roots. RUBPoL.


I'm back to my SAHM roots this week, thanks to a generous holiday break, courtesy of the Curtis Creek School District. And because I get the opportunity to enjoy my kids nap times just as much as they do...here are some things I've been wanting to blog about.
  • I made these fun acorn treats with my students last week. They had so much fun. I'm excited to do these in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Thanks, Mom!
  • I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping. I'll do a want, need, wear, read post at some point this week to share what the boys are getting this year.
  • We had family pictures a few weeks ago and I want to share them SO badly! BUT they are going out on our Christmas cards in a few days. I always enjoy seeing photos on cards that I haven't seen on social media, so I hope everyone will be glad that I've refrained.
  • We have still have been taking the kiddos swimming. It seems a little crazy, because it's been really cold. BUT it is such a perfect activity to get us out of the house in the afternoon and even if we just swim for 20 minutes, at least their getting exercise. My doctor told me that toddlers should be getting an hour of high intensity (breathing hard) physical activity a day...it is harder to get in than you think. 
  • Nick made an awesome batch of hard cider last month. I've been drinking it. There, I said it. It's good. Happy, Nick? He's also got a pretty great IPA on tap too. Good thing I'm on vacation.
  • Mack just starting "jumping." It is just about the cutest thing ever. I promise. Waste 8 seconds of your day and enjoy Mack showing us how he jumps.
  • We've been reading the Magic Tree House series with Charlie and he does love them. Does anyone have any other good suggestions for beginner chapter books? Possibly with a few more pictures? 
  • Have you watched this or read this?
  • And, last but not least...I love this. LOVE IT. The gift of not giving a thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your random updates and I love Mack jumping. Precious. As for chapter books, MTH are great. Try Flat Stanleyr. Poppers penguins, Charlie and the chocolate factory and our favorite Stuart's Cape.

K

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all the typos, it would let me fix anything on my phone.

Kate H.