Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ten things that happened last weekend

1) Mack and I made an impromptu trip to Indiana to tie up some loose ends and surprise my dear friend, Darcy, while she was wedding dress shopping. It was a whirlwind, but pretty fantastic.
2) This place we call America is currently in a state of distress, called frozeness. Mack and I experienced it first hand from the air and once when we walked off the plane in Denver and almost died.
3) Mack and I got to visit with these crazy kids.
4) My sister and I ran approximately seven of the slowest miles ever, in 11 degree weather and the only complaint I could come up with was "I am so cold." Repeat 459 times.
5) Mack met Santa for the first time and didn't completely lose it.
Surprisingly, he had the same reaction to Baba...
6) Darcy found a gorgeous wedding dress. I can't share a picture or I'd spoil the fun.
7) It snowed in Sonora (and hasn't melted yet)! Of course, we've lost power and run out of propane since then...when will California learn that it doesn't have to do everything so dramatically?
8) Nick and Charlie escaped the snow to drink beer in Berkeley. Well...Nick, Jessica and Wally drank beer, Charlie tagged along. You can't please everyone, now can you?
9) Mack managed to travel like an absolute champion, but refused sleep. I.don't.need.sleep.I.big.boy.
10) Oh wait, we're on our final descent? 

No comments: