Friday, September 19, 2014

raising the birthday bar {even if it means i'm getting older}

I finished another--my 33rd!--trip
around the sun last weekend.

I had a fabulous weekend, spending my time with just our little family pod. It was low key and simple and perfect.  Nick and I went on a beer train. We bought it as a groupon and it was a little cheesy, but the beer was good enough and it was fun to spend time alone together.
the beer. 
the failed selfies.
the view.
ugh. the drought.
the sunset.

Sunday was a winner. Yosemite was one of two items on my summer to-do list that hadn't been done. And this hike did not disappoint.We live SO close, but it's still SO hard with the boys, to do the drive AND a hike all before the mid-afternoon meltdowns ensue. And the meltdowns do happen, but they also don't happen. They are always better and more pliable then I give them credit for...given the busyness of the day.
the boy and his stick.
the poser.
he chose his outfit. "because it matches."
the top.
the downhill.
the reward.
Did I mention it was perfect? Thanks for a great weekend, boys!

No comments: