Sunday, September 14, 2014

the state of Waelty

Oh heeeey. Hello. Hi.

It's been awhile. I have no other excuse except that life has been busy. It always is, but lots of changes going on around here. I went back to work, the boys started daycare full time, Nick is knee deep in his engineering studies and soccer, gymnastics, workouts, attitude adjustments, the list goes on and on...

making: The only thing I've been reluctantly making is this zucchini bread recipe to keep up with the gobs our garden is putting out. BUT Nick has been busy brewing a dunkelweizen and a rye amber ale for an upcoming home-brewers event.
tossing: This amazing BLT Chopped Salad. SO great!
drinking: Newsome Harlow Sauvignon Blanc. We are still in summer mode, so a crisp white tastes so refreshing.
reading: The Rosie Project and lots of John Green.
workouts: cross-fit and early, early morning runs. I was running 25 + miles a week before my feet started crying for reprieve. I'll see how I feel next week before signing up for any fall races.
hiking: Big Trees State Park and Yosemite. We've been choosing to do some shorter hikes because Charlie is doing all the walking now. It isn't all peaches and pine trees, and it takes forever, but he can hang.
Big Tree North Grove Trail
Yosemite Sentinel Dome
playing: SOCCER! I'm trying hard to stay excited about this sport. Charlie is so-so. He is fast, but that is about all he has going for him. He is a goofball, space cadet, non-aggressive, young four year old player. All I should care about is him having fun but it isn't that easy and my emotions switch between excitement, frustration, annoyance, embarrassment, and relief (when it's over).
going: to Las Vegas and Ann Arbor. I cannot wait.
watching: Michigan Football. Go Blue!
wanting: slower weekends and cooler weather. It has been 100+ the last few days, and I'm over it. Bring on Fall!
missing: these two crazy boys. Mack is struggling a bit at school and I can't help but think of how things could be different if only I was with him more. Pure and simple mom guilt.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Beautiful family!