Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation Part 3: Family Reunion

Ahh...the Watts family reunion. I realize that all families are crazy and the Watts family probably isn't any more crazy than the average. But, wow, 8 brother/sister Watts' and 20 some cousins can create some DRAMA! Regardless, it is always good to see my aunts, uncles and cousins.
Jenni and my Dad were both fabulous hosts, feeding and drinking us through 3 days of boating and socializing. But if we're voting, my vote is for just 2 days next year...

We also got to visit with Dana and Grant while we were in Carmel. It is always nice to see Dana, but even more so now that we are both going through the same emotional experience of being a new mom. We had lunch at Cafe Chou (which I definitely recommend if you are ever in Carmel and do try the Blackberry Mimosa) and exchanged stories of mommahood. Grant is almost 5 months and is so cute, with these great big cheeks that you just want to squeeze! He also flashed more than a few smiles over our lunch and it really makes me look forward to when Charlie gives up a smile so easily.

No comments: