Friday, September 10, 2010

A Reflection: 10 Years Ago...


As I read another article about Ann Arbor being #2 at something (A2 ranks #2 on best college towns) (always a bridesmaid, never a bride...blah, blah, blah), I am reminiscent. 10 years ago this week, I started classes at the University of Michigan. I could cry right now, just thinking about it. Oh wow. I love you Michigan, I love you Ann Arbor.

My mom moved me into West Quad (#504) after a rough summer, including my parents divorce. I was ready for a fresh start. And while, it took me a year to adjust...I quickly realized that I was taking part in the most amazing college experience ever! And while U of M was only the beginning of my journey to adulthood, I can look back and really appreciate the imprint it has made on my life.

So tonight, on the eve of the Michigan v. Notre Dame game, I raise a glass to you, University of Michigan! Always #1 in my heart. I love you. And GO BLUE!

1 comment:

anne said...

Good memories... I can't believe it's been 10 years. I love Michigan too :)