Sunday, June 17, 2012

21 Week Bitchfest

So because this is my last pregnancy, I've tried to have a positive outlook and embrace this whole "miracle" thingy that is happening.
I do believe that, after having Charlie, that the whole egg + sperm + 9 (10) months = a miracle.
cue whiny voice...but I'm such a horrible pregnant person...and it's so hard!
So this will be my absolute first and last post complaining about being pregnant.

So let's start from the beginning, because the beginning was/always is the hardest. My first trimester seemed to be a little harder this time around. I was really busy (school/student teaching/work) with Charlie and I think that helped keep me distracted from the horribleness that is "the first 12 weeks." This time the nausea/fatigue seemed to be just as bad but I was parenting a two year old and ravage-ly hungry. It is the craziest feeling to no control over how you feel (thank you sweet parasite). On top of all those horrible feelings, I was sooo uncomfortable every afternoon from bloating and indigestion. Too much information? Sorry. The only thing that got me through it was the excitement of our Indiana trip that came at the tail end of the first trimester. And, that women have been doing this for all eternity. Uh, if they could do it, I should be able to do it bigger and badder, right?

So I survived. But now its summer, and so many fun things happen in summer, like beer and bikini's. Too bad curling up in a ball on the couch and wishing for the end of summer isn't as fun as beer and bikini's.

And now we're well into the second trimester, and it's a little better but I'm also a little fatter. Well, you're pregnant, you say? Oh, why yes, yes I am. But I am tad bit fatter this time, then I was last time and that is always a little frustrating. Unfortunately that "ravage-ly hungry" part of the first trimester didn't involve a lot a vegetables. On top of being fatter, it isn't like cute pregnant fat, its like a fairly huge spare tire below my belly button. I'm pretty confident this baby boy is going to be my nine pounder, lets pray for a full term/early delivery.

I'm still running about 20 miles a week and swimming three times a week, so my workouts are good enough. The whole pee thing is hard, a lot of my runs involve two or three pee stops (similarly to this), but its totally worth it...for my (and my families) sanity.

So because this whole thing is such an incredible blessing, all pregnancy posts from here on out will be positive. Well unless, it's after 38 weeks...then I get a free pass to post another bitch session.
And because no post is ever complete without a picture...check out the redneck pool party we had on our deck today.
Happy Father's Day Nick!

Check out how positive I was with Charlie at 20 weeks!

1 comment:

Kate H. said...

I think you look adorable!