Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Toddler Conversations

Let me start by setting the scene...

We are at the pool, and I've been making a big deal about "trying" to pee before getting into the pool (or bath). Why? I don't know...because that is what parents do, they teach their kids where it's okay to pee and not pee. But, to be honest, I don't really care if he pees in the pool.  Pools and showers are totally fine by me. Gross? Maybe. Again, I don't care.

We swim for a good thirty minutes and Charlie drinks enough water to make "my tummy hurt," so that is always a good excuse to get out...so we do, and hang out in the warm shower for a bit...before all the old ladies start complaining about how there won't be any warm water left for them to pre-shower before water aerobics class (run-on sentence much?). Meanwhile...I'm holding Mack, while confirming to old lady that yes, the baby does have "one of those approved swim diapers" on and shampooing both the boys...needless to say, my hands are full.

Charlie: Mom, I have to go pee.
Mom: (mumbles) go in the shower.
C: What?
Mom: (a little clearer) go ahead and just go in the shower.
C: (...starts to take off his swimsuit)
M: uh, no...just go...just, like, pee in your shorts.
C: WHAT? Pee in my shorts?
M: just pee
C: Hey Mom! Look! I'm Peeing!
M: (...ignoring)
C: LOOK, MOM! I'm PEEING!
M: (pretend not to hear)
old lady: stink eye/glare

It was probably all watered down anyway, right?
Old Lady needs to take a chill pill.

No comments: