Monday, December 8, 2014

Want.Need.Wear.Read

I have been dreading writing this blog post. Why? Because my kids have a hundred wants and absolutely no needs. And because they complain/cry/argue/whine all the days long and it makes you want to team up with this mom in Utah.

But, on the contrary, our battles aren't really about "things" but about making good food choices. Anyone else fighting that struggle? Toys are easy to say no to, but processed food is everywhere it tastes SOOO much better than our organic/non-gmo turkey leftovers...
So, here we go for Christmas 2015!

Charlie
Want: Charlie has asked for "little legos with lego men with hats." He is still very much in love with his Duplos but thinks he's old enough for "little legos." I chose this set, because, duh, the hats.
Need: We love all the nice hand-me-downs we receive from friends, BUT he does have a few "church clothes" needs, so he'll be getting this and this. You know, do he doesn't look like a raggamuffin.
Wear: Underwear! I know, the worst.
Read: We've been reading the Magic Tree House books series and he loves the Jack and Annie adventures but I took a cue from this list and chose The Mouse and the Motorcycle and How to Train Your Dragon for him this year.

Mack
Want: Just like his big brother, Mack is pretty enamored with trains. We have one battery operated train (thanks, Sealocks!) but, you know, the fights... This engine seemed like an easy addition to our Brio collection without adding too much clutter.
Need: I am in no rush. I repeat. I am in no rush. BUT I will be prepared for when we transition Mack into a bed. He will get a sheet set and a pillow.
Wear: I must have gone on a buying binge when Charlie turned two, so Mack has all he needs in this department. BUT, he is going to get this coat, to grow into--don't tell my husband.
Read: These magnetic story books are great. We already have two others and Mack is really into them right now.

We'll continue with the bless a child project through a local church, and supporting our local schools through this awesome non-profit.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!

Years past...

No comments: